Please read carefully our terms and conditions before signing for any trip with Bolivian Routes
1.- Services reservations and confirmation
A reservation form and a liability waiver has to be sent in order to reserve and confirm any services with Bolivian Routes including: scheduled, private ,tailor made trip , self guided tour ,transportation or any other service (i.e. hotel reservation)
Set date departure trips are confirmed with a minimum of three bookings , bookings close one month before departure date.
To confirm any reservation we ask a $us 300 advance payment. All our prices are given in American Dollars and are per person.
For all payments we accept cash.
2.- Responsibility of Bolivian Routes
BOLIVIAN ROUTES do not assume responsibility or liability howsoever caused for any injury ,loss, damage ,delay, mental trauma to any person or property resulting directly or indirectly from natural disasters , annoyance, delays and expanses resulting from quarantine, strikes, detention, thefts, pilferage, superior force ,failure of conveyance to arrive and/or depart as scheduled, civil disturbances, government restrictions or regulations, acts of god, discrepancies or change in transit and other circumstances over which BOLIVIAN ROUTES has no control. We reserve the right to change itineraries, if circumstances beyond our control prevent BOLIVIAN ROUTES from continuing the trip in a safe and efficient manner. We reserve the right to alter or cancel any trip due to the facts that may endanger passengers and/or staff , sickness political climate or other unforeseen circumstances beyond our control.
BOLIVIAN ROUTES agrees to operate the trip planned to supplying a good service as detailed on the itinerary, unless the facts listed above happen to be.
The guide or trip leader reserves the right to ask a participant not continue further on the trip if that reason is (or may become) a health hazard or who might prove to be a risk to himself/herself or others.
Full or partial refund of any monies received by BOLIVIAN ROUTES, transfers to other similar trip ,or credits towards a future trip ,will be considered depending of the case.
3.- Responsibility of trip Trip Participant
Any person participating in a trip with BOLIVIAN ROUTES must understand:
- The adventure travel involves certain risks and dangers that are an integral part of the nature of the trips and travel conditions and that accept them as a part of the reason for his/her participation on the trip.
- That acknowledges that is taking part of the activities that could be dangerous to his/her health and even his/her live and that accidents are a possibility that may happen.
- That is co-responsible to other trip members and to BOLIVIAN ROUTES staff.
- That assumes the need to be in adequate health for such activity.
- That is responsible for bringing the proper equipment and clothing necessary for the trip as stated in the equipment list.
- That is responsible for their own basic hygiene in order to prevent diseases, adopting precautious behavior patterns when traveling.
- That understands he/she should take an adequate acclimatization process, and that Bolivian Routes do not take responsibility for clients who are unable to finish a trip or get sick due to improper acclimatization procedures.
- That is aware he/she will not have any illegal drugs on my person or in my possessions when partaking in any part of any BOLIVIAN ROUTES trips.
- That understands that the laws that apply are those of that country is visiting ,not the country of which they are citizens.
In the case that a client has a medical condition, will be taking medication or are going to be under medical treatment during the trip ,it is responsible to have his/her medication handy, to use them properly and to follow his/her doctor prescription. It is advisable to let BOLIVIAN ROUTES know about any medical condition, so the guide could help given the case. This under no circumstances makes BOLIVIAN ROUTES responsible for the client’s health.
On climbing trips, BOLIVIAN ROUTES reserves the right to evaluate our clients experience and use part of the time in the mountains to provide a basic training, after which our guide may suggest a change in the plans if average experience of the members of the group is not adequate for the trip’s main goal.
4.- Trip cancellations and refunds
To cancel a reservation or to cancel a confirmed trip or part of it, we must receive a written cancellation notice.
In the case that you have already made an advance payment , there is a non-refundable administrative cost of $us 100 per person. Because most of the trip costs are already spent far in advance of the dates of departure , we will provide refunds according to the following schedule; a cancellation received:
- 60 days before departure date, we will refund the balance.
- 31 to 59 days before departure date 50% refund of the balance
- 15 to 30 days before departure date 25% refund of the balance
- 14 days or less before departure date ,no refund of any kind
Due to the nature of operating in remote wilderness and international destinations; BOLIVIAN ROUTES reserves the right to cancel totally or partially any trip prior to departure for any of the following reasons: Insufficient signing , extremely bad weather conditions ,social unrest, any logistical problem which may prevent the safe and efficient running of the trip. In such cases Bolvian Routes is not responsible for any expenses incurred by the group member in preparation for any trips run by BOLIVIAN ROUTES.
5.- Changes to the itinerary
BOLIVIAN ROUTES operates the trips in a flexible manner allowing our guides to change the itinerary whenever this is possible and only after the suggestion and/or in a common agreement with all the clients.
In the case that changes in the itinerary increase the cost of the trip, clients will have to sign an “addendum” to the present contract agreeing to pay all extra costs.
We do not include insurance of any kind in our prices ;therefore we highly recommend that you purchase an “insurance package protection plan” including: Trip cancellation/Interruption ,Travel delay ,Baggage/travel Document protection, Accident and Sickness, Medical Expense/Emergency Assistance ,Emergency Medical Evacuation, Repatriation of Remains, Rescue Operations and any other policy consider useful.
By signing our Booking Form you are authorizing us to: arrange a rescue operation, and to provide emergency assistance in the case that you are injured or ill and that all the expanses will be refund to BOLIVIAN ROUTES either by your insurance company or yourself. BOLIVIAN ROUTES will not be responsible for any costs incurred by passengers for such circumstances.